Underwater portraits are an absolute pleasure to shoot. Mostly conducted in shallow fresh water pools, they will let your creativity run free and it’s an experience you will never forget. Flowy dresses, fabrics and lights will provide you with beautiful images ready to be printed for a wall space or an album.
20 images in total. Web size images will be provided and ten high resolution images of your choice.
- Pre shoot phone/face to face consultation to discuss how to prepare for the shoot, find the perfect location and vision for the shoot
- Coaching on breath hold and body positioning
- One and a half hour in-water session
- Private password protected gallery to view and select the desired images
- High resolution and web size images, please check the packages for specifics. Want more? Just let us know and we can do a package just for you!
- Pole dancing shots include the pole and setup. Lyras are very welcome!
- All of our shoots are taken with professional camera equipment and depending on your shoot of choice, we will have lights, filters, backdrops, poles, props, fabrics, etc.
- What if I have never done an underwater shoot? No worries at all, most of our customers have no previous experience on breath hold, modelling or posing. We will be with you during the whole process and guide you in those specific areas. If you do have experience, then feel free to let your imagination loose.
- I’m a little nervous as I don’t know what to expect. Safety is our priority, we will run through the whole process with you to understand what are the limitations and we will always work with what you feel comfortable doing. I have 15 years of experience as a scuba diving instructor and safety is always first; we will make sure to work at your pace and make this a wonderful moment that you will cherish forever.
- What is the booking process? To be able to secure a spot, we do require payment. This can be done through one of our easy booking systems. Please read our terms & conditions for more details on this.
- How long will the private gallery be up for? It will be available for two months after the shoot. Photos are not deleted, so if down the track you want more we can easily arrange another viewing of the gallery.
- Is the pool heated, salt water, fresh? For our pool shoots, we use various water environments to suit all photo shoots and depending on the year there might be an additional fee to heat the pool. We can also arrange the shoot in your own private pool!
- Can I bring one or two friends along? Depending on the photoshoot you choose, we can accommodate a buddy if this makes you more comfortable. We will ask you to bring just one or two people to keep the shooting process without interruptions. They could even assist you with feedback but be aware that they will not have images taken of them.
- Do you offer maternity dresses for the shoot? We believe that each person has their own style so we don’t offer dresses, however, we’ll provide the best suggestions for what to wear and we also have a big selection of fabrics to play with. If you would like to use your own flowy fabrics such as tulle, chiffon and lightweight synthetics these do fantastic in the water.
- What should I wear for my Pole dancing shoot? Any bathing suit or clothing that you use for classes works really well. We have a small selection of shoes that we can use for the shoot too. Call us and we can find the perfect outfit.
- What should I wear for my portrait shoot? This has so many opportunities that it’s best to contact us so we can help you pick out the best outfit or use some of the items we have available.
- What if I don’t have any freediving gear for the ocean? We are based at a dive shop, so we can easily help you with this to get the right mask, snorkel, fins, suit and rubber weightbelt for a small fee. Bathing suits look great too if you don’t want to wear a suit.
- When is the best time to get in the water? We’re lucky as we can shoot anytime of the year. Winter months have the clearest ocean conditions. Our priority is safety, so we will make sure that we stay within your comfort zone.
- Can I wear makeup? As long as it’s water proof makeup and it has been tested before, then yes! We’re in the process of securing an underwater make up professional so please ask us if you would like to have this as an additional fee.
- What happens if it’s cloudy outside? No problem, there are so many opportunities with and without the sun directly above us. We want you to feel comfortable, so we can always schedule another time within reason.
- Are photos edited? Yes, each image will be independently edited to bring the most out of it, we pride ourselves in taking great care in this process to provide you with strikingly beautiful images. This process will be discussed with you prior to editing.
- I want to print my images, how do I go about this? We provide these services too and will be able to assist you in choosing the best printing materials to suit your needs.